Your dollars at work
BirdLife Australia has come a long way this past year. It’s thanks to your support that BirdLife works with more than 120 different species of birds across Australia. Our latest Supporter Impact Report contains our most inspiring stories from the last year. Click here to read it.
Some highlights from the report and how you’ve helped:
- Over a million hours were put in by our dedicated volunteers. We would be lost without them!
- 47,089 advocacy actions were taken by our passionate supporters pushing for stronger nature laws
- 88,270 people took part in the Aussie Backyard Bird Count — one of Australia’s biggest citizen science projects
- 10,000 seedlings were purchased to rehabilitate prime Carnaby’s Black-Cockatoo habitat
- 66,775 surveys were completed across the country
- Almost 1000 students took part in our Birds in Schools program
- Over 175,000 BirdLife supporters are now standing together to stop extinctions
- BirdLife Australia teams were quickly mobilised to assess the effects of last summer’s bushfires on Australia’s birds
- After many years of lobbying by BirdLife Australia, the Yellow Sea — a crucial stopover point for migrating shorebirds as they migrate to and from Australia — was finally awarded World Heritage listing
- Grey Range Thick-billed Grasswrens were rediscovered after it was feared that they had become extinct
Thank you for helping us achieve all of this in the last year and enjoy these special stories! We’d love to hear from you with any feedback or questions you might have, feel free to give our team a call on (03) 9347 0757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.